AeroVironment, Inc. ("AV", "we", "us" or "our") is dedicated to protecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Cookies Policy) explains the basis on which AV collects, uses, and processes information about you when you subscribe to our services and you visit our Websites.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. .
This Policy explains our practices in the following areas:
- The nature of the information we collect about you and the way such information is used.
- The nature, frequency, and purpose of any disclosure of information that we may make, including the types of persons or entities to whom the disclosure may be made.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the " GDPR"), the controller of your personal data is AeroVironment, Inc. at 241 18TH STREET SOUTH, SUITE 415 ARLINGTON VA 22202.
I. Types of Information we collect and how we collect it
Personal data, customer or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
The following are specific types of Customer Information that we collect from customers and visitors to our websites:
"Account Information" means information about your AV account, including, but not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, and appointment scheduling information. We collect Account Information directly from you when you activate or change your account, or purchase products or services from us. We may combine information we obtain from third parties with Account Information we collect. As you interact with our website, we will also automatically collect the technical and usage data noted above about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
II. Use of Customer Information
We use Customer Information to deliver our products and services and to understand your needs so that we may provide you with the most suitable products and services. For example, we may use your postal address, e-mail address or telephone number to:
- Provide customer support; and
- Solicit your feedback about the products and services you received.
We may use Customer Information to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems, as well as contact a customer regarding administrative matters or notices.
We only process your personal data when it is lawful for us to do so.For purposes of the GDPR, we rely on the following lawful grounds to process your personal data:
- consent of the data subject;
- performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party.
III. When we share Customer Information with third parties
We may share with third parties certain pieces of non-personally identifiable information and aggregated non-personally identifiable information, for example, the number of customers located in a certain geographic area. Such information will not identify you individually.
IV. Opting Out of Marketing Communications
AV may periodically send you messages via e-mail, telephone or traditional postal mail about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. In addition, as provided above, AV may make Customer Information available to third parties for the purpose of marketing such products or services.
You can choose not to receive marketing messages promoting AV or third party products or services from us and third parties in the future by:
(1) clicking here to opt-out;
(3) following the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of any e-mails received; or
(4) writing us at AeroVironment, Inc. Attn: Opt-Out, 900 Innovators Way, Simi Valley, CA 93065.
If you are a current Customer, please include your name, customer ID # and phone number in the body of your e-mail or letter.
Upon receipt of your opt-out request, AV will take the required actions within a reasonable period of time; however, we cannot and do not guarantee that such removal will be effective immediate.
V. How long we keep Customer Information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
VI. How we protect the security of Customer Information
We take your privacy very seriously and work hard to protect your data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent this from happening. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, volunteers, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
However, no system or transmission of information via the internet is completely secure or error-free. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot, guarantee the complete security of Customer Information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
VIII. A Special Note for Parents Concerning Privacy
This website is not directed to children and we do not encourage children to participate in providing us with any personally identifiable information. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com. We strongly recommend that children under age 13 use our services only under the approval and supervision of their parents or legal guardian(s).
We support the guidelines and regulatory requirements provided in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA).
IX. Your rights
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain scenarios.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
- Complain to a competent data protection supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR) for any data protection issues.We would, however appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you lodge a formal complaint, so please contact us in the first instance.
To exercise one of the above rights, please contact us using the details provided above.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
© 2023 AeroVironment, Inc.