AeroVironment Introduces Next-Generation All-Electric VAPOR 55 MX Helicopter Unmanned Aircraft System, Built for Heavier Payloads and Longer Distances
September 13, 2022
- Next-generation VAPOR 55 delivers more simplified, modular design with performance improvements that optimize user experience
- Redesigned for increased levels of operational efficiency with 25 percent increased endurance and 20 percent increased payload capacity
- New payload interface and tool-free quick rail mount enables quick and easy field integration of both current and future payloads for increased mission flexibility
ARLINGTON, Va., Sept. 13, 2022 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in intelligent, multi-domain robotic systems, today announced the launch of the next-generation VAPOR® Helicopter unmanned aircraft system (UAS), VAPOR 55 MX. Delivering new levels of operational performance with a completely redesigned modular autonomy framework, VAPOR 55 MX enables increased endurance and expanded payload capacity to meet current and emerging needs of defense, commercial and industrial customers.View More
AeroVironment’s New Mantis i23 D Multi-Sensor Imaging Payload Delivers Superior Daytime Surveillance Performance
August 30, 2022
- Mantis i23 D is a compact, high-performance daytime imaging payload system for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) operations at an extended range
- Features 24X digital zoom video for extended ISR without compromising image quality
- Payload provides 50 percent wider HFOV and more than four times the target detection capability over the current Mantis i23 for improved situational awareness
ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 30, 2022 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in intelligent, multi-domain robotic systems, today introduced Mantis™ i23 D, a multi-sensor daytime imaging payload compatible with the Raven® B small unmanned aircraft systems (SUAS). An enhanced daylight variant of its predecessor, the Mantis i23, Mantis i23 D maintains its ruggedized design and utilizes the same modular interface to allow for quick and simple swapping between payloads with no software updates required to the avionics or ground control systems.View More
- Emphasizes AeroVironment’s commitment to transparency of its environmental, social and governance practices
- Report establishes baseline metrics that the company can build upon
ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 23, 2022 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in intelligent, multi-domain robotic systems, announced today the publication of its inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility report, detailing the company’s environmental, social and governance achievements to date and its commitment to developing sustainable products, cultivating a diverse and inclusive workforce, and pursuing continuous improvement in environmental performance for the future. The company plans to release an updated report on progress annually.View More
U.S. Army Selects AeroVironment JUMP 20 Medium Unmanned Aircraft System for Future Tactical Unmanned Aircraft System (FTUAS) Increment 1
August 19, 2022
- FTUAS to replace RQ-7B Shadow UAS currently fielded in selected Brigade Combat Teams
- Increment 1 entails testing and fielding JUMP 20 medium unmanned aircraft on an accelerated schedule as it competes to become the U.S. Army’s FTUAS of choice
- The JUMP 20 vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL), runway independent medium unmanned aircraft system provides intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) services with increased maneuverability, and improved command and control
ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 19, 2022 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in intelligent, multi-domain robotic systems, today announced it received an Other Transaction Agreement award by the United States Army on Aug. 18, 2022 for Increment 1 of the Future Tactical Unmanned Aircraft System (FTUAS) program. The contract encompasses the purchase, testing and delivery of one JUMP® 20 medium unmanned aircraft system (MUAS) to a selected Army Brigade Combat Team (BCT) and associated services, training and support.View More
AeroVironment Acquires Planck Aerosystems, a Leading Provider of Advanced Unmanned Aircraft Navigation Solutions
August 17, 2022
- Transaction significantly accelerates AeroVironment’s development of advanced autonomy capabilities for the company’s unmanned aircraft systems
- Embedded flight autonomy solution enables intelligent unmanned aircraft system capabilities for operations from moving vehicles and vessels on land or at sea
ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 17, 2022 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in intelligent, multi-domain robotic systems, announced today it has acquired Planck Aerosystems, Inc. (“Planck”), a leading provider of advanced unmanned aircraft navigation solutions. The acquisition will significantly accelerate AeroVironment’s development of advanced autonomy capabilities.View More
- Autonomous drones could soon change warfare by removing the need for a human to choose a target and fire.
- The US shipped hundreds of semi autonomous Switchblade drones to Ukraine.
- Modern drones use artificial intelligence more and more, raising concerns for some experts.
August 04, 2022
It’s insane. The Berlin Grunewald is on fire. And cannot be deleted. Ammunition and explosions made it impossible for the fire brigade to be deployed on the ground for hours. But one gets there where no one else is allowed to go. Blasting robot Teodor.
The robot is controlled by Bundeswehr General Jürgen Karl Uchtmann (63), commander of the Berlin State Command. “We were here with 20 emergency services and were requested by the fire brigade at six o’clock this morning. We bring Teodor to the scene of the fire to clarify the situation on site.”View More
Breaking Defense – Bigger, Faster, Longer: As Market Grows, Loitering Munition Makers Eye Next Revolution
July 21, 2022
WASHINGTON: As the conflict in Ukraine demonstrated the lethal effectiveness of loitering munitions, the makers of the modern weapons said they’re responding to global demand by working to improve their
products into more capable and increasingly survivable systems to stay ahead in the market.
July 07, 2022
From Switchblade® to Quantix™, AeroVironment is filling the skies of Ukraine with capable UAS. For Wahid Nawabi, the reasons are both technical and biographical.
These days, AeroVironment’s website comes out, well, firing. “We stand for freedom,” the message begins, “and we stand with our allies and sovereign nations in their right to protect their homelands and their very lives when this fundamental right is threatened.”View More