HealthOur employees are the basis of our success. As an AV employee, your health and the health of your dependents directly impacts the health of the company. AeroVironment offers comprehensive health plans, benefit coverage and wellness options to promote and support your well-being.
Click here to view the Benefits Overview Presentation
- FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts) Information
- HDHP (High Deductable Health Plan) & HSAs (Health Savings Plan) Information
- Benefit Terms Information
- Work directly with a dedicated Physician Case Manager for advocacy, navigation, or Expert Medical Opinion.
- Medical intake, updates, report explanations and follow-ups from a Physician Case Manager.
- Collection of medical records by Advance Medical.
- Expert Medical Opinion Reports written by qualified medical experts.
DocumentsAdvanced Medical Flyer
ERISA as well as various other state and federal laws require that employers provide disclosure and annual notices to their plan participants. Click on our Annual Notices packet link below for detailed information.
The following is a brief description of the annual notices:
- Medicare Part D Notice of Creditable Coverage: Plans are required to provide each covered participant and dependent a Certificate of Creditable Coverage to qualify for enrollment in Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage when qualified without a penalty. This notice also provides a written procedure for individuals to request and receive Certificates of Creditable Coverage.
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA): The Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA) contains important protections for breast cancer patients who choose breast reconstruction with a mastectomy. The U.S. Departments of Labor and Health and Human Services are in charge of this act of law which applies to group health plans if the plans or coverage provide medical and surgical benefits for a mastectomy.
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act: The Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act of 1996 (NMHPA) affects the amount of time a mother and her newborn child are covered for a hospital stay following childbirth.
- Special Enrollment Rights: Plan participants are entitled to certain special enrollment rights outside of AeroVironment’s open enrollment period. This notice provides information on special enrollment periods for loss of prior coverage or the addition of a new dependent.
- Medicaid & Children’s Health Insurance Program: Some states offer premium assistance programs for those who are eligible for health coverage from their employers, but are unable to afford the premiums. This notice provides information on how to determine if your state offers a premium assistance program.
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices: This notice is intended to inform you of the privacy practices followed by AeroVironment’s group health plan. It also explains the federal privacy rights afforded to you and the members of your family as plan participants covered under a group plan.
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC): Health insurance issuers and group health plans are required to provide you with an easy-to-understand summary about your health plan’s benefits and coverage. This regulation is designed to help you better understand and evaluate your health insurance choices. The SBC for AeroVironment’s plan can be found on AVConnect.
DocumentsAnnual Benefit Summary Plan Description CHIP Model Notice 2021 Annual Health Notices
COBRA continuation of coverage is the opportunity to continue your current employer based health care coverage when there’s a “qualifying event” that would result in a loss of coverage under the AV plan.
If you’re an employee, you’ll become a qualified beneficiary if you lose your coverage under the Plan because of the following qualifying events:
- Your hours of employment are reduced, or
- Your employment ends for any reason other than your gross misconduct.
For a full list of qualifying events you and/ or your covered dependent maybe eligible for, please review the attached General Notice.
COBRA continuation coverage is the same coverage that the Plan provides active employees and their covered dependents. Each “qualified beneficiary” (a qualified beneficiary is an individual covered by a group health plan on the day before a qualifying event occurred that caused him or her to lose coverage) who elects COBRA continuation coverage will also have the same rights under the Plan as other participants covered under the Plan.
AV has retained the services of CobraGuard, (a division of iTEDIUM) to administer all COBRA group health plans sponsored by AV. Correspondence on how to apply for COBRA coverage will be sent in the mail directly from Cobraguard.
DocumentsDental_Summary Plan Description Dental Claim Form CIGNA PPO
Who May Enroll
If you are a regular full-time employee working at least 30 hours per week, you and your eligible dependents may participate in AeroVironment’s benefits program. Your eligible dependents include:
- Legally married spouse
- Registered domestic partner (enrollment varies by plan). See plan documents for details
- Children under the age of 26, regardless of student or marital status
When You Can Enroll
As an eligible employee, you may enroll at the following times:
- As a new hire, you may participate in the company’s benefits program on your date of hire (Vision enrollment is the 1st of the month you are hired in or the following month depending on your first day of employment)
- Each year, during open enrollment
- Within 30 days of a qualifying event as defined by the IRS (see Changes To Enrollment below)
- You may enroll in Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance at any time, subject to proof of good health and carrier approval
Paying For Your Coverage
The Employee Assistance Program, Basic Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability benefits are provided at no cost to you and are paid entirely by AeroVironment. You and the company share in the cost of the Medical and Dental benefits you elect. Any Vision, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Care or Supplemental benefits you elect will be paid by you at discounted group rates. Your Medical, Dental, and Vision contributions are deducted before taxes are withheld which saves you tax dollars. Paying for benefits before-tax means that your share of the costs are deducted before taxes are determined, resulting in more take home pay for you. As a result, the IRS requires that your elections remain in effect for the entire year. You cannot drop or change coverage unless you experience a qualifying event.
Changes To Enrollment
Our benefit plans are effective January 1st through December 31st of each year. There is an annual open enrollment period each year, during which you can make new benefit elections for the following January 1st effective date. Once you make your benefit elections, you cannot change them during the year unless you experience a qualifying event as defined by the IRS. Examples include:
- Marriage, divorce, legal separation or annulment
- Birth or adoption of a child
- A qualified medical child support order
- Death of a spouse or child
- A change in your dependent’s eligibility status
- Loss of coverage from another health plan
- Change in your residence or workplace (if your benefit options change)
- Loss of coverage through Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Becoming eligible for a state’s premium assistance program under Medicaid or CHIP
Please note that coverage for a new dependent is not automatic. If you experience a qualifying event, you have 30 days to update your coverage. You will be provided instructions for enrollment. If you do not update your coverage within 30 days from the qualifying event, you must wait until the next annual open enrollment period to update your coverage.
Documents2022 Benefit Action Guide Benefit Enrollment Job Aid HSA_payroll deduction TrustMark Mobile App TrustMark Member Portal Registration HSA online account setup Benefits Overview Provider Look Up
DocumentsQuickstart Guide DCFSA FSA Overview
Gympass allows you to have flexible access to thousands of activities with one membership. Along with their gym network of more than 10,000 gyms and studios around the country, Gympass offers several at-home fitness and wellness options for you to stay active in the comfort of your own home. This includes Gympass Wellness, a digital wellness platform that gives you access to on-demand apps featuring virtual workouts, kids-only content, nutrition planning resources, mediation and more.
To check it out, download the Gympass app on Google Play or App Store, then Sign Up. Enter your Employee ID and create a password to start your Gympass experience. You may also sign up by going to gympass.com/us.
DocumentsHow To Refer A Gym User Guide
An HSA is a tax-advantaged savings account that belongs to you. You must be enrolled in AV's High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) to enroll in this benefit. The HSA can be used, tax-free, to cover:
- Your insurance deductible
- Qualified healthcare expenses that insurance plans might exclude
- Co-payments and Coinsurance
- Qualified medical, vision, or dental expenses
AV will make a bi-weekly contribution towards your annual maximum regardless if you make a contribution. Current company contributions are up to $500.00 / year for employee only coverage or up to $1000.00 per year for employee + dependent(s) coverage.
DocumentsHSA Guidebook HSA Investments HSA and Medicare HSA Transfer Form
DocumentsMutual of Omaha Hearing Discount Program Epic Hearing Discount Program
NEW for 2022, AV is offering a Hospital Indemnity Plan designed to provide financial protection for covered individuals by paying a lump sum benefit if you are admitted to the hospital. This plans also includes a daily benefit for days spent confined in the hospital. Additionally, included in this plan is an annual payment to covered individuals for “Be Well Screening Tests.”
DocumentsBe Well flyer Claim Filing
DocumentsMembership Letter Benefits overview and access instructions Membership ID
LiveHealth Online is a new communications tool that lets you talk to doctors online by two-way video on a computer or mobile device. Have a health question? Under the weather? With LiveHealth Online, you don’t have to schedule an appointment, drive to the doctor’s office, and then wait for your appointment. In fact, you don’t even have to leave your home or office. Doctors can answer questions, make a diagnosis, and even prescribe basic medications when needed. With LiveHealth Online, you get:
- Immediate doctor visits through live video.
- Your choice of U.S. board-certified doctors.
- Help at a cost of your regular copay (per visit).
- If you are not on AV’s health plan, you can still access this benefit (go to www.livehealthonline.com for more information).
- Private, secure and convenient online visits.
- Your copayment will apply at the time of your online visit.
- Please have a credit card handy for payment purposes.
- See the flyer below for more information on this service!
My Nurse will give you access to medical guidance 24/7/365 at NO COST to you. MyNurse 24/7 is your first resource for immediate clinical guidance on everyday health issues. Support is available in English, Spanish, or 240 other languages. MyNurse 24/7 helps you avoid unnecessary and expensive trips to the doctor or ER. Plus, our nurses may be able to help identify an emerging condition before it becomes more severe.
DocumentsLiveHealth Online Information My Nurse 24/7 Support
Anthem Blue Cross | PPO, EPO & HDHP Medical Plans
The Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and the Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) plans allow you to direct your own care. You are not limited to the physicians within the network and you may self-refer to specialists. If you receive care from a physician who is a member of the network, a greater percentage of the entire cost will be paid by the insurance plan. You may also obtain services using a non-network provider; however, you will be responsible for the difference between the covered amount and the actual charges and you may be responsible for filing claims.
The High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), similar to the PPO and EPO plans, allows you the freedom to choose your doctor with the requirement of selecting a PCP and you may self-refer to specialists. In-network providers will have negotiated rates and provide a richer level of benefit. The HDHP combines a health plan with a special, tax-qualified savings account (HSA). AeroVironment will make a bi-weekly HSA contribution into your account based on your coverage type as well as allow you to make contributions to your account up to the current IRS maximums.
Prescription Drug Coverage
Anthem Blue Cross partners with CVS Caremark to provide your prescription drug coverage, which you automatically receive when you enroll in a medical plan.
With the CVS plan, you can either purchase your prescriptions at a participating retail pharmacy or use CVS Caremark’s mail-order service.
To access your pharmacy benefits, visit https://www.caremark.com/wps/portal.
OneRX The OneRX “shopping” tool can help employees find the lowest cost and best pharmacy for your individual RX . Downloaded the app today, and take a picture of your ID Card. Setup should be completed within 24 hours. This will allow you to save your RXs and look each time for the lowest price, or find a generic using the plan’s RX copays and formulary.